5.03.2009

Mild Style I

I've been getting itchy with doing new things, which I think happens naturally if you make cat toys for months straight. I haven't touched cross stitch since 'nam, and the cross stitch aisle at the store was creepy so I decided to do something on my own. I looked into graffiti cross stitch and found mrxstitch, which was really heartwarming but not really what I was looking for. I like this sort of thing because it involves absolutely no 'illegal' activity. I'm not the smoothest of people and really, I can be very clumsy at times. This is like graffiti for 80 year-olds, it's awesome. It involves absolutely no do-gooders looking to get you arrested for stenciling Nintendo characters with spray mount.

My attention span and I got kind of frustrated and decided to use the tiniest picture ever via a Beautiful Decay that was just there waiting to be cut up. I had the hardest time finding a picture of usable graffiti larger than 2" x 4". Beggars can't be choosers (thanks mom), so I used the picture I found. It says 'Chief' and it ain't my work. I wish I could use a better color combination, sad thing is that olive green doesn't really pop on black. I had to hand draw the pattern onto the cross stitch grid, and at times was pretty confusing. I used 14 ct. Aida, if that makes a difference. I've watched a lot of Sopranos while doing this and Christopher is becoming more and more attractive to me (Fila suit and no Fila suit). Is that bad?

Here's the very slow progression.





No comments:

Post a Comment